ALPHA’s pipeline inspection team has the experience to provide a variety of services required for successful projects. This team is fully trained with various regulations and code requirements, including CSA Z662, Level 2 Pipeline Inspection Training, CSA B51/ASME B31.3 and Occupational Health & Safety guidelines for the authority of jurisdiction. Our knowledgeable team is highly familiar with the following processes as outlined by CAPP (Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers).
- Ensuring that completed and approved engineering and design drawings and specifications are available for review prior to construction.
- Creating or verifying all required quality compliance documentation to satisfy regulatory and engineering design requirements.
- Inspect field fabrication to ensure compliance to design specifications, codes and standards. (i.e. CSA B51, CSA Z662)
- Liaise between design engineer and project engineer to ensure inspection work is completed as planned.
- Ensure that individuals involved with special processes such as welding, heat treatment and NDE are qualified and certified in accordance with the requirements.
- Checking certification and qualifications of personnel to verify demonstrated competency for all critical work.
- Review and assess owners and contractors quality program to ensure compliance.
- Generate or ensure generation of Non-conformance reports and assist in development of action plans to resolve.
- Monitor and promote general awareness and compliance to all owner company and regulatory requirements including; Acts, Regulations, Codes, Specifications, Policies, Procedures and Best Practices.
At ALPHA, we hold our consultants accountable to understanding and applying ethical actions as it relates to pipeline construction. These shall include;
- Acting in the public’s best interest
- Adherence to adopted codes, standards and specifications
- Acting in a non-discriminatory manner
- Conduct all activities in a professional and business-like manner
- Document all critical activities
- Conduct follow-up inspections as required
- Send decisions to a higher level (deviations from established (design) codes and policies)
- Verify designation of prime contractor and inspection reporting hierarchy
Our dedicated inspection team has experience with all kinds of installations including but not limited to:
- On lease single well tie-ins
- Production gathering systems and de-bottlenecking
- Sales or mainline production pipelines (6” to 12”)
- Transmission pipelines (12”, 16”, 18”, 24”, 36”)